Monday, December 18, 2006

Growing...


I title this post growing for 2 reasons. One is because I am realizing my baby girl is growing and it is such a joy to watch her grow, my other reason for titling this growing is... I am taking this time during the slow season, and going back to old school and for the next 2 months I will shoot nothing but strickly manual. I am going to play with my camera till I am blue in the face so that manual settings become natural for me. For the photo buffs, I usually shoot Aperture priority and let the camera figure out the compensation, but now I will be doing all the figuring, So call it my own little self challenge...this was my first all manual shot...it was fun...I realized while shooting that the light changes all the time and you have to keep on top of your exposure setting....very fun...I feel like I am in school again :) I see the light :)

2 comments:

Nanabee said...

She is getting so big! And, I might add, more and more beautiful by the minute! Just like her Mom!

Anonymous said...

When I got my D50 I was really excited about how easy it was to take images, but in the same token I am very glad that for several years the cameras I had access to were from the early '70's, and the only electronics were a light meter. I learned to work with the film I had in it, adjust the aperture and shutter speed, and focus the prime lens all at the same time. It becomes especially difficult to do all this when shooting fast action sports! Maybe I will try to go back to those cameras occasionally to stay in practice.