Thursday, February 15, 2007

What do these three things have in common?




Nothing really, except they describe my life for the past few weeks...For my regular readers (or staulkers as my friend Lauren likes to call herself) I feel like I needed to explain why I have been slackin in the posting department. Well let me explain, I do have a good excuse...
First off we had an ice storm which hit us Valentines Eve and left us without power for Valentines Day. I don't mind not having electricity, actually it was nice not having the phone ring, having to check emails, music or tv. It was just us. Thankfully Seth and I got our cups of coffee BEFORE the power went out. Once the evening came it was 24 degrees outside and we were COLD...so we headed to our good friends house for some FIRESIDE fun...at 9pm the electricity came on in our house and we were able to sleep in our warm beds. Unfortunately of the 70,000 people that lost power, 44,000 still do not have power today..and may not tomorrow :(
The second photo, well...lets just say once you've gone MAC you'll never go back...we have officially crossed over to a MAC for my business...all I have to say is WHY DIDNT WE DO THAT SOONER! This machine ROCKS...I am excited to start my wedding season full on....I have been busy trasferring files and weddings to the new system...no time to post!
And Finally, the most exciting news is my LITTLE girl is now potty trained...we decided that we would try it for a week, see how she did and go from there...well, the first day lets just say I was ready to give up, the second day, still ready to give up after all the laundry I had done thus far (maybe 15 pairs of pants?) The THIRD DAY she went all day with NO ACCIDENTS...since that day we have had maybe 2 accidents and she is fully trained! That in and of itself took ALL OF MY TIME :)
Sorry I havent been around I promise stick around, once I am done learning how to ride my new MAC bike, I will get back to posting!
Stacy

9 comments:

Tootie said...

congrats on entering the mac world, stacy! don't you just LOVE it?! glad to see you back on the blog track. i always love to see your life happenings. by the way, send me that potty training curriculum. i've still got a couple years to prepare, but might as well study the way the experts do it! -S

Anonymous said...

Wow... that ice storm looks pretty bad. I didn't realize it got that bad down there. Sorry you lost power. We just got the ice on the ground. There was too much wind in the trees to get much of anything else. Glad you are on Mac too. It is a fun thing to learn. And - once again - CONGRATULATIONS GRACE!
LOVE,
MOM

The Chungs said...

What a slacker you are Stacy Richardson! ;) Happy to hear about your potty queen - she's a quick one! Brilliant, well above average, exceptional! Do you think it could have anything to do with her birthday??? Oh, by the way..it is like 60 degrees in Austin. Sorry :)

lauren said...

This stalker is busted and outed right here in public! SO happy to see some new events, 'cause you know I've been checking up on ya! Congratulations Grace!! Way to go! See ya Sunday! :-)!

Beverly Lynn said...

Congrats, Grace! Thank goodness it is getting warmer now, maybe some of the ice will start melting . . . its going to be a slushy mess! What Mac did you get? My Mac is getting a little old, but I like it.

Anonymous said...

Oh stacy...I do miss you quite a bit along with your little girl and your big husband. I am loving the new camera (even though I have only shot with it once...I too have had no time!) Im going to give you a call here pretty soon, I have a question for you. I hope your doing and tell grace good job with the potty training =) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh stacy...I do miss you quite a bit along with your little girl and your big husband. I am loving the new camera (even though I have only shot with it once...I too have had no time!) Im going to give you a call here pretty soon, I have a question for you. I hope your doing and tell grace good job with the potty training =) Love you!

Unknown said...

I know what those three things have in common: three things that absolutely had to be done sooner or later, preferably sooner...

:)

We met the Sargents. They've already babysat our girls for us. Pretty fun little connection!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the MAC world, Ray would be very proud of you. He is always gloating about how his personal MAC is better than my work PC. I know MACs are better. Also way to go on the potty bit. Just so you dont feel too alone on the electrical failure, we were without power for a ful week a couple of months back!
Hugs, LOAB