Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something I don't get to do very often

Today I was a guest at a wedding instead of the photographer! It was really nice to be able to sit and watch 2 people get married and not have worry about making sure I am "getting all the shots" I did however bring my NEW TOY. I got a D300 and have loved the High ISO shooting. For those of you who are photography buffs, these were all shot with no flash, ISO 1600-3200. At 2000 ISO I was able to stop motion, no flash in a fairly dark ceremony. I am pretty thrilled with this new camera. Nikon you ROCK. Coupled with the 1.8 fast lens, I can not WAIT to see what kind of images we pull off this year! MY season kicks off on March 29th! Congrats to Heather and Mandy for your first Solo flight as well as most importantly Congrats to Matt and Emily and their new life together!
You can see from this shot that I was sitting in the way back, this is the preferred seating of a person with 2 children in attendance under the age of 4.
Emily looked GORGEOUS.  She looked fabulous in her dress...absolutely gorgeous!



I love the look on Matt's face here, pure, simplistic, joy.



I love this one even though it was really bright coming through the doorways. Matt is somewhat of a wise guy, he is really funny and has this great witty humor, I think I like this one because it looks like he just said something to his guys right as they were walking in...wonder what it was!

6 comments:

Heather D said...

I want a D300:) No offense to my little D50.

Beautiful pictures, momma photog!! I'm looking forward to the 29th...

Mandy Sroka said...

Yeah! What a wonderful job...we'll give you a portion of our pay!!! :o) It is a sweet camera. What aperture were you at? Thanks for sharing! Glad you could come and enjoy too.

Anonymous said...

I was at 2.8 or lower, 1.8 for a lot of them :)
stacy

Anonymous said...

You made my little Mackinzie look like an angel! BEAUTIFUL! :) Can you come try that at naptime?! haha...

MMS said...

your photography in this wedding is beautiful! as are all your other pictures. nice work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a fantastic wedding!

Very impressive, even if it is a nikon! ;)

Damien